Veritox® contributes to scientific research and professional development, and has worked to better the understanding and application of toxicology and industrial hygiene.
Welcome, James Deyo, DVM, PhD, DABT
We welcome James Deyo, DVM, PhD, DABT, who joins Veritox as a Senior Toxicologist.
Dr. Deyo holds a Doctorate degree in veterinary medicine from Michigan State University, a PhD in toxicology from Oregon State University, and has been board certified by the American Board of Toxicology since 1995. His background includes 5 years of product stewardship at Procter & Gamble managing OTC pharmaceutical safety programs and 17 years with Eastman Chemical Company providing product stewardship and conducting safety and risk assessments for a wide range of industrial chemicals. He also managed the safety of chemicals utilized at the Boeing Company to support their safe use for both employees and passengers
Dr. Deyo has managed multiple testing and risk assessment programs driven by internal corporate and external governmental regulatory requirements to ensure the safety of a wide variety of consumer products, solvents, plastics, plasticizers, food additives, metal catalyst, nanoparticles, and antioxidants. He has served on and chaired numerous corporate trade consortia and scientific review committees and has provided legal testimony for past employers.Dr. Deyo is a full member of the Society of Toxicology and the Pacific Northwest Association of Toxicologist. He is a past president of the Society of Toxicology’s Southeast Association chapter. He has numerous manuscript and abstract publications and as well as presentations
Nadia Moore elected as PANWAT Councilor
Congratulations to Nadia Moore, PhD, DABT, for her recent election as a Councilor of the Pacific Northwest Association of Toxicologists.
Magnuson BA, Carakostas MC, Moore, NH, Poulos SP, Renwick AG. Biological fate of low-calorie sweeteners, Nutrition Reviews, 17 October 2016.
Veritox® experts have attended and contributed to numerous professional development events:
- Mike Krause was a panelist at the IAQA Seattle Chapter Workshop Panel Discussion: IICRC S500 Water Damage/Restoration
Updates and Remediation Perspectives.
- SOT 2016 Annual Meeting & ToxExpo:
- Fluoride: Friend or Foe?
- Smoker’s Risk of Lung Cancer from Asbestos Exposure
- Risk From Breaches in Portable, Consumer Sized Lithium Batteries
- Fluoride: Friend or Foe?
- Clara Chan and Mike Krause attended Spring 2015 meeting of Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC) in San Francisco, CA
- Stephanie Carter developed and presented the Professional Development Course (PDC) Effective Industrial Hygiene Management of Petrochemical Turnarounds and Related Projects, at the International Occupational Hygiene Conference in London, UK.
- Dr. Bruce Kelman attended and presented at the 2015 BTS Annual Congress in Solihull, UK.
- Dr. Nadia Moore presented the poster Risk from Traffic-Related Air Pollution in Schools: Beyond Distance to Roadway at 54th SOT Annual Meeting and Expo in San Diego.
- Mike Krause and Dr. Stephanie Carter presented at the at the 2015 Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety & Health Conference at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon.
- Dr. Bryan Hardin presented Contractor Liability for Disturbing Asbestos on a Job Site, Installing Asbestos, or Removing Asbestos at the American Conference Institute's 18th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims and Litigation in Philadelphia PA.
- Drs Bruce Kelman and Nadia Moore attended the Defense Research Institute: Asbestos Medicine seminar in San Francisco, CA.
- Drs Bruce Kelman and Nadia Moore presented at the Lung Cancer Risk from Asbestos and Smoking webinar hosted by Burnham Brown. Download the PowerPoint Presentation.
- Attended the Pacific Northwest Association of Toxicologsts (PANWAT) 2014 Annual Meeting in Bothell, WA
- Attended AIHce 2014, the annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Expo, in San Antonio, TX
- Attended and presented at the 2014 Society of Toxicology 53rd Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Phoenix, AZ
- Attended and presented at the Amercan Conference Institute's 16th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation in San Francisco, CA.
- Attended and presented at the Indoor Air Quality Seattle Chapter Workshop in Seattle, WA
- Attended and presented at the Asbestos Medicine seminar of the DRI in New Orleans, LA
SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo 2017
We look forward to seeing many of you at our booth at the 2017 SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Baltimore, MD.
We look forward to seeing many of you at our booth at the AIHce 2017 in Seattle, WA.
On August 26, 2008, a San Diego County Superior Court trial jury found that Sharon Kramer libeled Dr. Bruce Kelman of Veritox®, Inc., when she published a press release in March 2005. In her press release, Mrs. Kramer stated that Dr. Kelman had altered his under-oath statements on the witness stand when he testified as a witness in an Oregon lawsuit. The jury found that Mrs. Kramer’s statement was false and defamatory and that she had published it with malice. The Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment on behalf of Dr. Kelman.
Nevertheless, Mrs. Kramer persisted in spreading the defamation. Accordingly, in November, 2010, Dr. Kelman filed a second lawsuit against her, to enjoin her from republishing the libel. The San Diego Superior Court issued a preliminary injunction against her in May 2011. She willfully disobeyed the injunction on several occasions, and as a consequence was incarcerated for civil contempt of court for two days in March 2012, and was fined $3,000 in July 2012. The Court entered judgment in Dr. Kelman’s favor in July 2012, permanently enjoining Mrs. Kramer from republishing the libel. Mrs. Kramer’s appeal from the judgment was dismissed in March, 2013, when she failed to file an opening brief.
Mrs. Kramer continues to post false information and accusations maligning Veritox and its employees, as well as California justices, judges, court clerks and administrators, members of Congress and other elected officials. In the interest of saving time and minimizing annoyance, we currently ignore her posts regarding this matter.
If you are a current or prospective client and have any questions about this, please call us for additional information and documentation.